Dr Rajeev Agarwal is one of the senior most surgical Breast cancer surgeon in Gurgaon – NCR region with more than 40 years of surgical experience.
After completion his training in cancer surgery from Safdarjung Hospital Delhi & Tam Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, he has served in the past as senior consuktant at Dharam Shila Cancer Hospital, delhi & Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi.
Presently he is working at Medanta Hospital, Gurugram as Senior Director, Breast services.
At Medanta, he is treating complete spectrum of breast diseases, Benign or cancerous. His area of interest are breast conservation, sentinel node biopsy & oncoplastic breast surgery
Senior Director, Department of Breast Services, Medanta, The Medicity Sector 38, Gurgaon, Haryana 122001 since October 2013. This is a centre of excellence dedicated to management of breast diseases both benign & malignant. The centre is fully equipped with state of art technology both in terms of diagnosis( mammotome, MRI guided biopsy, stereotactic biopsy of breast) & treatment( sentinel node biopsy with hand held gamma probe, oncoplastic breast surgery, breast reconstruction, chemotherapy with facilities of bone marrow transplant & radiotherapy with IGRT & cyberknife)
1. Senior Consultant and Chairman in surgical oncology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi since September 2001 to September 2013. The department of surgical oncology was started with my appointment. Hence I was involved in the setting of initial standards of surgical oncology in this center.
2. Senior Consultant in surgical oncology at Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi since July 1994 till September 2001. This center was commissioned in July 1994 while my association antedated this by few years. Hence I was part of the team in the setting up of operation theatres and establishing initial standards of surgical practice in the hospital.
3. Senior Consultant in surgical oncology at Batra Cancer Center, Batra Hospital, New Delhi since August 1999 till June 2001. In addition to clinical responsibilities and tumor board meetings, I am keenly involved in oncology professional educational exercises and C M Es for general practioners.
4. Honorary Consultant with Shanti Avedna Ashram, New Delhi since 1994 – a hospice for cancer patients. This is only hospice in Delhi catering to the needs of terminally ill cancer patients. Thus I have gained considerable experience and insight on Palliative Care.
5. Earlier, I developed my grounding in this field during my Senior Residency in Surgical Oncology at Safdurjung Hospital, New Delhi (1983–85) and later at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai where I was a Clinical Fellow for a year in 1985-86. In these institutions I was involved in active patient care as well as participating in seminars, journal clubs, conferences etc.
6. My undergraduate and postgraduate years were spent at GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, U.P.
I am very regular in attending & presenting papers in various oncology related conferences, workshops & CMEs held in India.
|Designation||Name of Institution||Period|
|Senior Director, Dept of Breast Services||Medanta, The Medicity Gurgaon, Haryana, India||Oct 2013 – Till Date|
|Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology||Sir Ganga Ram Hospital New Delhi||Sep 2001 – Sep 2003|
|Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology||Dharamshila Cancer Hospital Delhi||July 1994 – Sep 2001|
|Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology||Batra Hospital New Delhi||Aug 1999 – Jun 2001|
|Clinical Fellow||Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai||Apr 1985 – Apr 1986|
|Senior Resident Surgical Oncology||Safdurjung Hospital New Delhi||Oct 1983 – Apr 1985|
1. Extremely interested in Palliative care in cancer & is providing Voluntary Medical Services to Shanti Avedna Sadan New Delhi, India.
2. Computers in Medicine.
3. Interested in Organizing the seminars, conferences, workshops etc.
Here is an average cost estimate of breast cancer surgery in India
|Lumpectomy||Rs 1,57,800 – Rs 2,53,680|
|Partial mastectomy||Rs 2,25,000 to 3, 38,500|
|Total mastectomy||Rs 2,56.000 to Rs 3,10,000|
|Modified radical mastectomy||Rs 2,63,000 to Rs 3,21,000|
|Radical mastectomy||Rs 3,12,450 to Rs 3,35,000|
The cost of breast cancer surgery depends upon
Dr Rajeev Agarwal is the top breast Cancer Surgeon in Gurgaon offering great results.