Some breast cancer treatment in gurgaon include the following: –
Breast conservation surgery (Lumpectomy) :
It is also known as a partial mastectomy. Here, the removal of the cancer lump and some amount of the surrounding breast tissue takes place. Since breast cancer also spreads to the lymph nodes near the region of the armpits, the surgeon might also remove some nodes from that area. To reduce the future risk of recurrence, Radiotherapy is almosrt given to all pts post breast conservation surgery & chemotherapy is given depending upon stage & biology of disease.
Sentinel node biopsy (SLNB) :
Here, the sentinel lymph node is identified, examined, and removed in patients diagnosed with cancer. If the SLNB report is negative, it signifies that cancer has not yet spread to other organs or lymph tissues. If it is positive, it determines that cancer has spread to the sentinel lymph nodes along with other nearby lymph nodes. This information is helpful in determining the stage of cancer & surgical decision making
Breast reconstruction :
After breast cancer surgery, some patients might want to undergo another surgery to rebuild the look and shape of their breasts. This is known as breast reconstruction. Tissues from another part of your body, such as the stomach or back, are used to recreate the breast appearance suited to your body. Before undergoing this method, it is best to discuss with your plastic surgeon and learn about the procedure and risks, and if it is ideal for you.
Which hospital is best for breast?
Medanta hospital is the best for conditions involving the breast.
Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon at Medanta is under the guidance of Dr. Rajeev Agarwal.
- Breast cancer may present itself as a painful lump or a painless tumour, depending on the type of growth.
- We understand that no two people with the same diagnosis can be treated identically.
- Our personalized care plans are tailor-made to suit your needs and individual concerns.
- Medanta Hospitals has various modalities of comprehensive cancer care, including the latest diagnostic tools, cutting-edge technology, and a holistic approach.
- Our cancer care team is led by Dr. Rajeev Agarwal, the top breast cancer surgeon.
What helps nerve pain in breast?
The treatment of nerve pain in the breast will depend on the cause of the pain.
- If it is due to an infection, specific antibiotics will help to relieve the pain.
- Topical creams containing analgesic ingredients relieve the pain in some cases.
- Sometimes, the pain may be due to a cervical root condition where specific measures to treat the existing condition are helpful.
- In lactating women releasing the blocked milk ducts will relieve pain
Which doctor should I consult for breast pain?
Pain in the breast can be the first symptom or indication of breast cancer. Breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon is readily available at Medanta Hospitals.
If you have been struggling with pain in the breast for over a month, then it is time to visit a doctor.
You may visit a gynaecologist or a breast surgeon.
Usually, a gynaecologist will do the following:
- Take a complete detailed medical history
- Perform a physical examination and locate any lumps, if present
- Look for signs of infection that may be the cause of the pain
- Order investigations to deduce the background of pain
A breast surgeon will:
- Examine the area for the presence of a lump
- Make an assessment and order investigations
- Arrive at a definite diagnosis and confirm any malignancy
- Do a biopsy to determine the malignancy r benign status and remove the tumour.
- Perform breast reconstruction surgery as applicable
Dr. Rajeev Agarwal at Medanta Hospitals is among the top breast cancer surgeon.
Diseases treated by a Breast Cancer specialist
A breast cancer specialist is a doctor who specializes in the treatment of breast cancer.
They have extensive knowledge of cancers and how they behave and infiltrate parts of the body.
They have specialized training in treating cancers with medication and how to use them.
A Surgical oncologist is a doctor who specializes in the surgical treatment of cancer. These doctors perform biopsies and other procedures like removing a lump or a breast. These doctors have training in general surgery followed by breast cancer treatment procedures and have received additional training in surgical oncology. Breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon is available with Dr. Rajeev Agarwal.
The following are some of the conditions that a breast cancer specialist diagnoses and treats:
- A painless lump in the breast
- Lymph node swelling close to the breast
- Pain in your breast on one or both sides
- A feeling of heaviness in your breast and causing discomfort
- Swelling or thickening of your breast skin
- Changes in your nipple shape or size
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk
- Scaliness of the breast
- Nipple retraction (when your nipple turns inward)
- If you suspect that you may have breast cancer
- Diagnosed fibroadenoma
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Confirmed breast cancer
- If you have a family history and are concerned that you may carry a risk
The breast cancer specialist will perform a complete physical examination after taking your detailed medical history and order necessary investigations such as a mammogram, ultrasound, MRI of the breast, and breast biopsy to arrive at a diagnosis. Dr. Rajeev Agarwal is the top and senior surgeon for breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon.
How Breast Cancer spreads?
- The tumor can spread to an adjacent organ in the body through direct invasion This causes cancer cells to start growing in the new area.
- When cancer progresses towards the lymphatic system, lymphatic spread occurs. Breast cancer frequently involves the surrounding lymph nodes; cancer then transfixes into the lymph system and progresses to various
- The hematogenous spread is very similar to the lymphatic spread, but the difference is that hematogenous spread is through the blood vessels. Metastasis takes place, and the cancer cells originate from remote areas and organs.
Where does breast cancer typically spread?
Commonly, breast cancer spreads to :
What is the cost of breast cancer treatment?
Breast cancer treatment involves a combination of various treatments such as :
- Surgical interventions such as mastectomy, lumpectomy, removal of the lymph nodes, and reconstruction of the breasts
- Radiation therapy to regress the tumour and kill the malignant cells
- Chemotherapy that targets the malignant cells
- Hormone treatment to prevent the regrowth of the tumour
- Immunotherapy enhances the body’s immunity to malignancies
Dr. Rajeev Agarwal is the best Breast Cancer Surgeon In Gurgaon and heads the cancer treatment services at Medanta.
Which is the best country for breast cancer treatment?
India is the best for breast cancer treatment and here’s why:
- The medical and non-medical staff in Indian hospitals give patients the best possible care and the highest calibre of cancer treatment. These medical professionals are also highly trained, educated, and experienced.
- The price of breast cancer treatment in India is lower compared to other countries.
- In addition, most facilities have cutting-edge infrastructure that offers patients the best environment and houses the most up-to-date medical technology for treating breast cancer.
Visit us for the best breast cancer treatment in India.
How to choose the best breast cancer treatment in India?
Dr Rajeev Agarwal is one of the top breast cancer specialist in Gurgaon, he is able to produce results thanks to his extensive knowledge, meticulous attention to detail, and unmatched creativity. Additionally, Dr. Rajeev Agarwal, a breast surgeon, uses the most up-to-date and cutting-edge plastic surgery techniques to offer his patients cutting-edge care and quick recoveries.
His patients can resume their regular daily activities—like working out and working out—much more quickly as a result. One of the best breast surgeons in the country, he stands out for his remarkable commitment to providing personal, private, and educational patient care in addition to his experience, expertise, and flawless results.
Best Breast Cancer Treatment In Gurgaon – India
Understanding the risk factors associated with breast cancer can contribute to early detection and proactive management. Here are some common risk factors associated with breast cancer:-
Gender and Age
Women are about 100 times more likely to develop breast cancer than men. Additionally, the risk increases with age, with most breast cancers occurring in women over the age of 50.
Family History and Genetics
Women with a mother, sister, or daughter who has had breast cancer are at a higher risk, especially if the relative developed breast cancer at an early age. In some cases, specific genetic mutations, such as BRCA1 and BRCA2, can significantly increase the risk of developing breast cancer.
Personal History of Breast Conditions
Having certain benign breast conditions, such as atypical hyperplasia or lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS), can slightly increase the risk of developing breast cancer. Additionally, individuals who have previously been diagnosed with breast cancer have a higher risk of developing new cancer in the same or opposite breast.
Exposure to estrogen over a prolonged period can increase the risk of breast cancer. Factors that contribute to increased estrogen exposure include early menstruation (before the age of 12), late menopause (after the age of 55), starting hormone replacement therapy (HRT) at an early age, and long-term use of oral contraceptives.
Certain lifestyle choices and habits may affect breast cancer risk. These include excessive alcohol consumption, obesity, a sedentary lifestyle, and a diet high in saturated fats. Engaging in regular physical activity, maintaining a healthy weight, and consuming a balanced diet can help reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Exposure to high levels of ionizing radiation, especially during childhood or adolescence, increases the risk of developing breast cancer later in life. This includes radiation from medical imaging tests, such as chest X-rays and computed tomography (CT) scans.
Women who have never been pregnant or had their first full-term pregnancy after the age of 30 may have a slightly higher risk.
It is important to remember that having one or more risk factors does not mean an individual will develop breast cancer. Many women with breast cancer have no identifiable risk factors other than being female. Conversely, individuals without any apparent risk factors may still develop breast cancer. Regular breast self-exams, clinical breast exams, and mammograms are vital for early detection and can significantly improve treatment outcomes.
How To Find the Best Breast Cancer Treatment Hospital in India
India has several renowned hospitals that specialize in breast tumor treatment, making it essential to navigate through the options to find the most suitable one. Here are some key factors to consider when searching for the hospital providing the best breast cancer treatment in India:
Expertise and Experience
Look for hospitals that have a dedicated team of experienced oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, and other specialists who specialize in breast cancer treatment in India. Check their credentials, qualifications, and experience in handling breast cancer cases. Hospitals with a multidisciplinary approach, where specialists collaborate to develop personalized treatment plans, are often preferred.
Advanced Technology and Infrastructure
State-of-the-art technology and infrastructure play a crucial role in diagnosing and treating breast cancer effectively. Look for hospitals equipped with modern imaging equipment, such as mammography machines, ultrasound scanners, and MRI machines. Advanced radiation therapy facilities and surgical suites with the latest equipment and technology are also important considerations.
Treatment Options and Specializations
Evaluate the range of treatment options available at the hospital. The best hospitals offer a comprehensive array of treatment modalities, including surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy. Additionally, specialized treatments such as breast-conserving surgery, oncoplastic surgery, and breast reconstruction surgeries should be available. Consider the hospital’s focus on breast tumor treatment and its success rates in delivering positive outcomes.
Support Services and Care
Cancer treatment can be physically and emotionally demanding, so it’s important to choose a hospital that provides comprehensive support services. Look for hospitals that offer counseling, support groups, rehabilitation programs, and palliative care services to ensure holistic care throughout the treatment journey. Access to nutritionists, physiotherapists, and other allied healthcare professionals can also enhance the overall treatment experience.
Reputation and Patient Reviews
Research the hospital’s reputation and read patient reviews or testimonials. Online platforms and healthcare directories often provide valuable insights into the quality of care and patient experiences. Look for hospitals with positive feedback regarding their expertise, compassionate care, and successful outcomes in breast cancer treatment in India.
Accessibility and Affordability
Consider the hospital’s location and accessibility. Choose a hospital that is easily accessible for regular consultations, treatments, and follow-up visits. Additionally, evaluate the affordability of treatment options and check if the hospital accepts health insurance or offers financial assistance programs.
Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon, along with the expertise of Dr. Rajeev Agarwal, ticks all the boxes and is widely recognized as a premier healthcare institution for breast cancer treatment. By choosing Medanta Hospital, you can rest assured that you or your loved one will receive world-class care in the fight against breast cancer.
Survival rate of breast cancer in India
In India, the survival rate of breast cancer is roughly 66%, but it varies depending upon the type of cancer, the stage and the individual medical condition
Which hospital is best for breast cancer in India?
Breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon is available at Medanta hospitals
Medanta Hospitals at Gurgaon is the best for cancer treatment in India because:
- Our oncology department is led by world-renowned oncologists and has very high standards of care, and uses the most innovative techniques in cancer therapy
- We use the best high tech tools in cancer diagnostics that facilitates early diagnosis
- Interventions at Medanta hospitals include targeted cancer therapies that pinpoint the area of malignancy
- Our mission is to lead the fight for survival against cancer and be with you every step of the way
- Using the tools of precision medicine, our doctors will work with you to develop a personalized cancer treatment plan.
What is the latest treatment for breast cancer?
Cancer treatment is an ongoing research topic and an ever-evolving field. Some of the latest advancements in cancer treatment include:
- Proton therapy is a specialised radiation therapy that earmarks the tumour cells with no collateral damage to the surrounding cells or tissues.
- Newer pharmacological agents such as Palbociclib (Ibrance), ribociclib (Kisqali), and everolimus (Afinitor) have been approved by the FDA to be used alongside hormonal therapy
- FDA approved therapies for HER 2 positive breast cancers are advanced therapies that target the area of the tumour and show promising results
- PARP inhibitors and androgen receptor blockers block the genetic mechanisms that advance tumour growth
All these and more are available at Medanta Hospitals and are led by Dr. Rajeev Agarwal – the top breast cancer surgeon.
Is breast cancer treatment free in India?
Free treatment for breast cancer is available at the State and central government hospitals across India. These hospitals include the Delhi State Cancer Institute and the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, to name a few.
Medanta hospitals are on top of breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon in the private sector. Our Medanta financial experts will provide you with easy financing options that will cover the cost of your treatment
Stages of Breast Cancer
The stage of cancer can be recognized by the doctor by discovering the following:
- If the cancer is invasive or non-invasive
- Tumor size
- The number of lymph nodes triggered
- The presence of cancer in other body parts
The 5 stages of cancer are:
Stage 0 cancer is non-invasive, and there are 2 types:
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- In this type, cancer can be found in the lining of the milk ducts but has not reached the other tissues in the breast.
- Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)- In LCIS, abnormal cells are formed in the lobules of the breast, and is limited to the breast lobe.
Stage 0 cancer is highly curable and treatable. It has a good prognosis
Stage 1 cancer is invasive but localized. Stage 1 is divided into 1A and 1B :
- stage 1A, the tumour is smaller than 2cms, and it hasn’t spread to the adjacent lymph nodes.
- In stage 1B, the tumor is still less than 2 cm, but there may be micrometastais in the axillary lymph nodes ( less than 1mm )
Stage 1 is highly curable, much like stage 0.
Cancer is invasive and is divided into 2A and 2B.
- 2A- Tumor is upto 5 cm with no axillary lymph node involvement or tumor may be less than 2 cm but there may be limited involvement of axillary nodes
- 2B- the tumor is 2 cm to 5 cm has limited involvement of axillary lymph nodes.
The cancer is invasive and advanced- it has spread to areas such as the chest wall as well as the skin layer of the breast but hasn’t spread to the other organs. There are 3 stages – 3A, 3B, 3C. This is also called locally advanced breast ca
The cancer has metastasized and spreads to other organs such as the liver, brain, bones, lungs etc.
Though breast cancer is predominantly a female disease, 1% of breast ac do occur in males also. It is important to spread awareness about the signs and symptoms so that such cancers are detected early, and more people can be treated effectively. It will pave the way to reduce the breast cancer mortality of breast cancer